5 Steps to Making Camel Hair Fabric
After camel hair is gathered through cruelty-free combing and collection, a stringent process is conducted to make sure the finest camel hair is selected to be spun into camel hair yarn.
- Fine, soft hairs are separated from coarse hairs. (Coarse hairs can be used for ropes and strong yarn)
- These hairs are washed to ensure they do not contain any dirt or debris that may have accumulated during the collection process
- The sorted and washed hair undergoes a process called “dehairing”. Again any coarse hair is removed and any excess dandruff or other debris is removed.
- Once dehairing is completed, the fibres are spun into yarn.
- This yarn can be then used for weaving or knitting fine camel wool products such as Camel Hug!